Postpartum Mood Disorders
Birth takes a woman’s deepest fears about herself and show her that she is stronger than them.
Help for Mothers
Working with mothers is one of the most rewarding parts of my practice, and I integrate my training in attachment and trauma to work with people in many different situations:
- moms experiencing anxiety or depression
- new moms who are understandably overwhelmed
- women who experienced difficult births
- women who came to motherhood through adoption
- pregnant women needing support
- women who experienced difficult childhoods looking for support in how to parent their child in a different way
My specialized training includes Postpartum Support International and 2020 Mom’s Maternal Mental Health Certificate Online Training for Mental Health and Clinical Professionals, and Pregnancy and Postpartum Health Alliance of Texas’s Postpartum Mood and Anxiety Disorder training. Additionally, I am Circle of Security Parent Educator.
In giving birth to our babies, we may find that we give birth to new possibilities within ourselves.
Myla and Jon Kabat-Zinn